Thursday, July 3, 2008

Wiki's first night

Wiki took a while to settle in last night but slept the whole night through. She has been running in the backyard with Roz and playbows so freely and easily. She gets so excited and runs in a circle. If she could smile, she would. She's seems so happy being here. I found her in my bedroom with my daughter's stuffed dog playing so cute. It was a shame to have to take it away from her, but I gave her another one to take it's place.

I cut her nails yesterday and she was almost as good as Roz about it. She was a little stiff but it's because she didn't know what to expect. I suspect it will get much easier the more she experiences it. I am going to give her a bath today to make her smell wonderful. I let you know how she does but I'm sure she'll be as great as every other greyhound I've given a bath to.

She has gotten up to the third stair all on her own but is too nervous to go any further. I helped her up one more but she backed down. It shouldn't take long.

Wiki hasn't had any accidents in the house and obviously knows to go outside to relieve herself. She squats almost as soon as I let her out.

Eating comes easy to Wiki and she sure loves her food. She doesn't eat as fast as some greys I've known. She's a very clean eater too and eats every morsel that's dropped on the floor.

0 comments: