Saturday, July 5, 2008


Wiki, AKA Jessie, slept until 8:00 AM , when I got up this morning. what a relief. I don't mind getting up at 6:00, but only if it's MY choice.

I have not been been kenneling her because I feel that the kennel that I have is too small. She can't lay down and straighten out her legs. I feel more comfortable knowing that she's able to stretch, so I choose to leave her free in the house. I haven't regretted that decision in the three days that she's been here. She hasn't had an accident in the house, or chewed on anything (although she hoards things in her bed), or done anything out of line which includes counter surfing. I never leave food on my counters unattended but she's sniffed a few times and I scolded her and that's all it's taken.

Jessie isn't afraid of anything so far. The fireworks didn't scare her at all and neither did the vacuum cleaner yesterday. Although she got out of the way, she didn't cower or run. She doesn't appear to be afraid of children but I will check that out today. My neighbor wants to come over and see her and she has three little girls.

0 comments: