Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Hand signals? No problem.

I am taking my girl Roz to Jen Bachelor's greyhound clicker, training class. When I got home I started working with Jessie. No offense to my darling Roz but Jessie has it all over her when it comes to wanting to learn. She just didn't get tired of me teaching her so I stopped in 20 minutes because I was afraid she would throw up from having too many treats. I actually started giving her kibble because it's got to be fewer calories and she loves any kind of food as long as she can eat it. She now sits and does down with hand signals. We do a "touch the cup" exercise and as soon as she realized that if she touched the cup she'd get a treat, she literally did this over and over and over again. It started getting funny. Touch the cup, get a treat, touch the cup, get a treat. It went that fast. I knocked the cup over on its side and that didn't deter her at all. Now I'm working on getting her to come to me or "front" when she's outside and I need her to come right away. I'll keep you posted. This is fun!

0 comments: